Search This Blog

Monday 9 January 2012

INK + PAPER = TYPE

Thinking along the lines of experimental typography, I started to try and find a new way of looking at type, I thought about the root of type which is liquid ink printed onto paper and this is an idea i'd like to cover in the poster design. I thought about ways I could represent the meeting of paper and ink and found this brilliant photography by Shinichi Maruyama.
His work was really inspiring and I felt encouraged to try the same effect with this poster design catching ink in mid air; I really liked the idea of ink taking a life of its own when caught in mid air splashing. I think if I could achieve the same effect, it would be a brilliant metaphor for type as ink taking on a life or personality and growing/forming symbols or typography. Here is some of his inspiring work/photography:

No comments:

Post a Comment